Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine's Day Decor

This post is last minute, and most people probably have decorations up already, but here are some ideas anyway.

I have a few different set-ups to share with you. I have the set-up for Holiday Fun with Hillary and also how I have decorated my home for Valentine's day.

1. Holiday Fun with Hillary set-up

You can watch the show by clicking HERE.

2. LOVE displayed on a shelf with accents


 For some reason I find that every picture I take of this set up is visually distracting. It is not in real life, however. I was just looking at it, I am thinking that I can trade the hurricane glass with gumballs for the letter "L". I might play with that and make an update.
Credit for the wicked cute printable goes to Desiree from The 36th Avenue <~ Click here to get  yours!

3. Window display


This window stays up almost all year. I love it, so I try to find ways to incorporate it into each Holiday. I used chalk markers and wrote on the glass. I am not a huge fan of how it turned out, but I have set a goal to not criticize myself so much, so I left it. There is also a mason jar sitting filled with M&Ms, a jar with washi tape arrows sitting on old books, and a block calendar. 

4. Melted Crayon Art, Healthy Heart Attack, and Lollipop Tree


The "Healthy Heart Attack" is the the heart bouquet on bamboo skewers. This is something Patrice has done in past years. Cut out paper hearts and tape them onto skewers. You can write messages to make it more personable. Stick them into floral foam in the bottom of a floral pot. It is simple, easy, and cute.

The Lollipop tree is reused from Christmas. Patrice replaced the Christmas ornaments with paper hearts (still using the ornament hook) and stuck lollipops through the open holes. This is perfect for Grandma's house, doctor's office, or simply for fun decor. 

The Melted Crayon Art was a Valentine's gift that I made for my husband a few years ago. It absolutely poured on our wedding day and I thought this was the perfect way to recreate those moments. I used a white canvas, traced the picture onto the canvas with a Sharpie, took the wrappers off of blue and gray crayons, and pushed them through a glue gun. It made a huge mess, but it was fun. It about 3 hours total. I do not have step by step photos because I did this way before my blogging days. This hangs in our bedroom and we love it!


Hopefully you found some ideas to spark your creativity. Coming soon will be a post about DIY Valentine Cards!

Have a happy day! Remember to SMILE!

*Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment