Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween Decor ideas

I am a true New Englander. It's kind of hard not to love fall. It has always been my most favorite season. I love mums, pumpkins, squash, leaves etc. Decorating for fall is fun. I have a hard time switching to Halloween though. I have never been real big of Halloween. I am a big scaredy-cat and it has always secretly freaked me out a little. I do LOVE making costumes though. My parents planted that seed when we were real young. Any who, here are a few Halloween decor ideas. 

1. DIY Potion Bottles


Click on the header to view the full tutorial

2.Jailed Pirate Pumpkin
"Goosie" my 7 year old painted this pumpkin at Yankee candle with Santa. When he brought it home he put it into this basket and exclaimed, "Look my pirate pumpkin is in jail!"
I decided to roll with it and make it a part of our decor. Adding children's masterpieces into the decor is positive reinforcement and makes them proud of their work. I have come to love this piece. The basket is going to seem extremely plain once Halloween is over!

4. Family Picture Hack
I have seen pictures on pinterest of naughty elf's on the shelf drawing on family pictures. Heck, our elf even did it! As I was thinking about easy Halloween decor ideas, this on popped into my head. It was quick and simple and the kids love it. Take a dry erase marker and draw away! Make it as fun or as creepy as your heart desires.

4. The witch is in
I love this witch's broom. I have been wanting to write "The witch is in" with a dry erase marker on the window, but it just isn't high on the priority list. Taking that window down is actually a big pain in the rear, and it has already knocked me to the floor once when it fell on my head. If I get up the ambition to take it down and write on it, I will be sure to post it for ya'll!
5. Complete Halloween Displays

Here are two examples of my complete Halloween displays. I always find myself adding to them, which is half of the fun. They always change. The "garland" on the wood sign is actually one of my long necklaces. I added it on there today, and LOVE it!
The Halloween eye chart printable was created by an awesome gal over at Tater Tots and Jello and can be found here.

I hope you have found a little bit of decoration inspiration! 
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Hills





No comments:

Post a Comment